Barrie receives top ranks in KPMG Report
(Barrie, ON) Barrie is one of the top cities featured in KPMG’s Competitive Alternatives 2016 report, a guide to international business locations costs. Released today, the report explores the most significant business cost factors in more than 100 cities and 10 countries around the world.
“This is excellent news for Barrie. The people who live and work here know our city has a lot to offer and it’s encouraging to see that others are taking notice,” said Mayor Jeff Lehman. “To be ranked number one regionally in manufacturing and number four among all 111 featured cities confirms what many have already discovered – Barrie is a great place to do business.”
Highlights from KPMG’s Competitive Alternatives 2016 report:
- Barrie ranks 5th among the 17 featured Canadian cities and 7th among all 111 featured cities.
- Within the Northeast US/Central Canada region, Barrie ranks 2nd with costs lower than four other Canadian cities and all 17 US cities compared.
- Within Canada, Barrie offers the lowest costs among the 17 cities compared for both industrial leasing and industrial facility construction. Barrie also enjoys the 2nd lowest property tax costs and 3rd lowest costs for transportation and office leasing.
- Barrie’s strongest results are in the manufacturing sector, where it ranks 2nd in Canada and the digital services sector where it ranks 3rd. In comparison, Barrie ranks 7th in R&D services and 8th in corporate services.
- Within the manufacturing sector, Barrie ranks 1st in Canada for four of the 12 operations examined – advanced batteries, food processing, metal components and plastic products. Barrie ranks 4th among all 111 featured cities in the manufacturing sector.
For more information and to view KPMG’s Competitive alternatives 2016 report, visit competitivealternatives.com